When you have a good massage from a Remedial Massage Therapist, you book another one on the way out! At Active Solutions Physiotherapy, Sharon has been with us for 1 year and 85% of those who have had a massage, come back for more!!!
A remedial massage therapist is trained, certified and covered by health funds (provided you have selected massage as part of your insurance package). They provide deep tissue massage, utilising a number of techniques including trigger point release, soft tissue manipulation, deep tissue application, cross fibre friction and myofascial release.
Sharon will perform an assessment of your condition, identify key pain areas, provide effective massage techniques to relieve pain and loosen the tight muscles in your body. Every therapist has their own technique, and Sharon’s tends to be on the firmer side of the spectrum. Those hands are specific and hit the spots, but if it is a bit too firm for you, just have a conversation about your preferred pressure.
In addition to Remedial Massage, there are other styles of massage.
Sports massage is usually a fast and firm massage technique applied to
- Warm up your muscles.
- Increase flexibility and agility.
- Reduce the risk of injury.
- Reduce muscle soreness post workout or match.
Pregnancy Massage is similar to relaxation massage with a few exceptions:
- The massage is usually performed in a side lying position to enable maximum comfort for you and your baby.
- It is a contraindication to have deep tissue massage in the first trimester. Although you still may be able to receive massage for headaches, neck and shoulder tension.
- Your therapist is aware of the changes your body undergoes whilst pregnant and may be able to identify if you need to see a physio for pubic pain, low back pain.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphatic Drainage Massage is beneficial after illness or surgery to help your body rid itself of excess fluid, waste and toxins as well as increase your immune system.
It is especially beneficial for people recovering from:
- Fluid retention.
- Swelling post-surgery.
Massage is the perfect Physiotherapy Partner and a gift voucher makes an ideal Birthday or Christmas gift. Sharon works Wednesdays 1-7pm and Fridays 12-5pm. But because she is so good, you have to book in 2 weeks in advance or get lucky with a rare cancellation.